Not sure how to get started :-/

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Hi all.  I'm having a pretty not fun time trying to connect to my server and have it spit out a report.  It works if I have a link to the specific report, but when I try to run SSRSReport/Samples/HelloWorld/Code/helloworld.php, I get this:

Failed to connect to Reporting Service 
Make sure that the url (http://lsreportingtest/Report/) and credentials are correct!

Now, I know I know, it is possible that that is not the exact URL, but being a complete n00b about SSRS SDK for PHP (and PHP as well!) thrown head-long into a project that I don't really understand, I'd appreciate some help.  Here are my questions:

1. How can I find the correct URL?  I go to the listed URL and I'm taken to a page that has this text "SQL Server Reporting Services Home".  Is this it?
  2. At my organization we use Active Directory for authentication.  In order to create an account someone needs to be added to AD in the first place.  Is there a way to add a test user without having them be in AD?

Yeah, really would appreciate some answers or at least a push in a good direction.  Thanks!

[edit]

One more question, should I set the DATA_SOURCE to something other than AdventureWorks2008 in app.config?  If so, what else?

[edit]

I figured out what the URL to the report server... and I see the following listing when I go there:

lsreportingtest/ReportServer - /

Friday, January 13, 2012 4:58 PM        <dir> Data Sources
      Friday, January 13, 2012 4:18 PM        <dir> Test Reports

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.1399.00

Where do I go from there?