problem with fastcgi

Jun 11, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2010 at 4:38 PM
hello sorry for my English I have a problem with fastcgi I do not find <fastcgi /> in (applicationHost.config) I have followed every step of Client-Setup.htm I must download a .dll to make it work or I have a problem with my vista? know that I restarted my PC several times thank you kindly answer
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 6:32 PM

If the FastCGI element is not present you can add it:

(within the  <system.webServer> element)

<fastCgi>

<application fullPath="c:\PHP\php-cgi.exe" />

</fastCgi>

With fullPath pointing to the directory where PHP is installed.

Jun 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM
ok thank you tell me is it possible to work with wamp server without working with IIS7 because I already worked with wamp server and sql server 2008 it works well?????? thankkkkkkkkkkkkk's
Jun 11, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM
hi claudioc, I come just to test the <fastCgi> <application fullPath="c:\PHP\php-cgi.exe" /> </ Fastcgi> and I obtain an error when I click on Application Pool 'Fastcgi' not recognized at ligne163 Can you help me because I will format my COMPUTER and I do not know if I should install Windows Vista or Windows Seven you advice me what? thank's
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 7:58 PM

If you are familiar with WAMP you can use it. The PHP code that connects to SQL Server Reporting Services can run on any web server. Clearly SSRS will need to installed on a machine with IIS.

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:14 PM
thank you for your answer but I want to know is that it is possible to use the SDK just with wamp. because I can not find the fastcgi. there 's two days he has ExSite then I formatted my pc because I had problem with my pc Since I can not find the fastcgi can you advise me for prerequisites because I look formatted my pc again. I need the SDK for my job can you offer me the best prerequisites to make it work thank you
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Yes you can use the SDK just with WAMP. The SDK uses standard PHP code (you just need to enable the SOAP lib in the Php.ini config file) in order to connect to the SQL Server Reporting Services Server so the client side does not have any dependency on IIS. If you use WAMP you can skip most of the setup instructions because they don't apply to WAMP. If you have PHP up and running on WAMP you should be able easily connect to a SQL Server Reporting Service Server using the SSRS SDK, you can take one of the sample included in the SDK, change the appropriate connection setting and, if you have AdventureWorks sample DB installed on the SSRS you should be able to call the reports from your PHP application.

Hope this helps

CLaudio

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:47 PM
ok thank you claudio I will redo the steps client_setup since the beginning but with WAMP and if I have other problem I tell you
Jun 12, 2010 at 2:40 AM

I have a small question which does not fastcgi

I installed SQL Server 2008

and I have a warning in (windows firewall)

I followed the steps in this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/cc646023(SQL.100).aspx

but by rerunning

there there 's always warning

do I know what I should do in that case

thank you

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2010 at 2:51 AM

The warning should not be an issue. It just tells you that you need to enable the appropriate TCP ports on the firewall if you want other machines to connect to SQL Server 2008 you are installing. If you install SSRS on the same machine you won't have any problem connecting to the local SQL Server so you can ignore the warning.

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:03 AM

waww thank's
you replied quickly it's nice
Thank you again