problem with LoadReport2

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Hello,

I've manged to connect to my reporting services server to list the reports and the parameters but when I try to run the report I get the following error:

Function ("LoadReport2") is not a valid method for this service

0 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\SSRSReport\bin\SSRSReport.php(356): SSRSReport->ThrowReportException(Object(SoapFault))
1 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\SSRSReport\Samples\HelloWorld\Code\GetReports.php(214): SSRSReport->LoadReport2('/Report Project...', NULL)
2 {main}

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks.

Michael

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM

What version of SSRS are you using?

I assume you also checked the URL of the SSRS server and you are able to connect (from the browser to that machine).

To be sure that you are using the correct URL, open the Reporting Services Configuration Manager and select the Web Service URL tab

Hope this helps

Claudio

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:03 AM
Edited Jun 24, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Hi,

If i am not wrong, you are trying to use "LoadReport2"method with reporting services 2005. If yes, there is no method called "LoadReport2" for the Reporting services 2005 web services. "LoadReport2" is specific to Reporting Services 2008. For 2005 you need to use "LoadReport".

To get the existing code working, you can just change the call in your code from LoadReport2 to LoadReport. You also need to modify the SSRSReport.php. Just rename all the existance of "LoadReport2" to "LoadReport" and you should be able to connect to reporting services 2005.

for more documentation:

For reporting services 2005

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.wssux.reportingserviceswebservice.rsexecutionservice2005.reportexecutionservice.loadreport%28SQL.90%29.aspx

For reporting Services 2008

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/reportexecution2005.reportexecutionservice.loadreport2.aspx

hope this is the issue.

Thanks

singhguru

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Hi,

the version of SSRS I'm running is 2005.  I made the changes you suggested singhguru (along with a few other methods with a 2 on the end) and the web page is working fine now - thanks a lot.

Michael

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I just downloaded SSRS for PHP and I am running SSRS 2005. However - straight from the sample code in HelloWorld, calling $rs->LoadReport($report, NULL); gives me "Call to undefined method SSRSReport::LoadReport()" - any ideas please?

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Hi ntulip,

Its been long since i have looked at that code. Could you email(singhguru87@hotmail.com) me your copy of "SSRS for PHP" extension. I would try to debug it and would try to find what the issue is.

Thanks

singhguru